Prevents beard envy… Or causes it.
So, you have a beard. And you have heard of beard oil. But what is it? What is beard oil and why would you ever want to use it? That’s a good question.
A good beard oil not only makes you look like a well-put-together-guy, it also conditions your beard, moisturizes dry skin, prevents beard itch, treats beardruff and acne, encourages hair growth, and more. Our original beard oil recipe is designed to both tame and invigorate.
Try it, you (and your girl) are sincerely guaranteed to love it.
What Makes Our Beard Oil Different?
This small batch, handcrafted beard oil recipe is a blend of five high-quality base oils including grapeseed, argan, jojoba, avocado, and sweet almond.
But while many beard oil brands stop there, we go on with ours to combine these beard pampering oils with the healing power of responsibly wildcrafted and organically grown herbs from right here in the Pacific Northwest. Western red cedar, horsetail herb, lavender, and rosemary (see the benefits below) – all specifically chosen with a magnificent beard and your skin in mind – are slowly infused into the beard conditioning oil which forms the base of this product.
Choose the aromatherapy blend with CEDAR & HERB essential oils, or go ‘NAKED’.
The CEDAR & HERB essential oil blend is our own proprietary combination of quality essential oils including cedarwood, lavender, rosemary, and patchouli. Not at all flowery, this therapeutic essential oil blend has a nicely grounding, woodsy, down-to-earth scent that you are sure to love. Specially blended, not just for the skin and hair benefits, the aromatherapy properties can actually boost your mood, too! …not to mention anyone in your vicinity. Ladies? My guy wears this stuff daily, and I can’t get enough of it.
Apply a small amount to hands and work into beard and underlying skin. Breathe deep and enjoy!
Here is my guy’s review of the Western Red Cedar & Herb infused Beard Oil…
I am not one that uses very many personal care products other than the basics. So when my wife first created some beard oil, it took a little bit to convince me to use it. I decided to give it a shot, in part to make my wife happy (happy wife = happy life) and in part because it smelled really good.
Now I can’t stop using it!
It really is that good. First of all, it smells amazing – earthy and soothing. Secondly, it tames the wildness in my beard. Reduces stray and straggly hairs making my beard more manageable. Not the least of all, it smells really good to my wife. I don’t know about you, but if you’ve ever had a woman come face to face in the ‘kissing zone’ and breathe you in – it’s pretty awesome.
It really is one of those things I never thought I’d try and I likely never would have if it wasn’t for the fact that it was essentially purchased for me. I would recommend this as a gift for any man out there. It may not be at the top of their list, but after trying it, it likely may be there in the future. Just be careful because this stuff is addicting!
Get some here
Check out our shop on Etsy for this and other all-natural personal care products. These make great gifts for Father’s Day, Valentine’s Day, Birthdays, any occasion really. Guys can be hard to shop for! Check out the PNWfromScratch shop for great gift ideas, and lots of gift ideas under $25!
Goes great with the Cedar & Herb All-in-One Shampoo and Body Bar.
Skin, Hair, and Aromatherapy Benefits of Key Ingredients
For more information about the quality oils we use in our products check out this post: Why is that on the label? Guide to Natural Hair & Skin Care Ingredients: Oils & Butters
- Grapeseed oil – Great for both skin and hair, grapeseed oil is a natural mild astringent packed with vitamin E. It is very light and easily absorbed by the skin. Moisturizing without an oily residue, this scentless oil doesn’t weigh down hair or leave a greasy feel. It is even said to regulate natural oil production, bringing your own oils into balance.
- Argan oil – A popular hair and skin care ingredient due to its antioxidizing effects, it is rich in vitamin E and essential fatty acids, with antiaging properties to keep skin and hair looking great. Excellent daily skin and hair moisturizer that treats split ends and can help with skin conditions including acne.
- Jojoba – Very close in resemblance to our own natural oil, jojoba is protective and emollient yet allows skin to breathe. It is easily absorbed and great for dry, damaged complexions and hair.
- Sweet almond oil – When used in hair products it may help to strengthen, thicken, protect, add shine, and prevent split ends. Nutrient rich and light, sweet almond oil is suitable for all skin types, making the skin soft and pliable. It is rich in omega 9 and omega 6 fatty acids, and vitamins D & E. In the tradition of ayurvedic medicine, sweet almond oil is said to bring the body back into balance.
- Avocado oil – A favorite for use in all kinds of hair and skin care products, avocado oil is highly penetrating and loaded with vitamins A, D & E, protein, minerals and amino acids. Avocado oil is known to regenerates cells, aid hair growth, soften skin, moisturize, hydrate, reduce inflammation and itching, relieve burns, and more.
- Western Red Cedar tips (Thuja plicata) – antifungal, anti-viral, promotes immune function through stimulating white blood cell scavenging
- Lavender buds and essential oil (Lavendula angustifolia) – calms the nerves, relaxing, uplifting effect, mild antidepressant, antiseptic, antifungal, antibacterial, disinfects acne blemishes, stimulates the repair of tissue, heals wounds
- Horsetail herb (Equisetum arvense) – tissue repair | FOR HAIR/SKIN/NAILS: rich in silica and calcium to strengthen and give life
- Rosemary leaf and essential oil (Rosmarinus officinalis) – mild and uplifting stimulant, treats inflammation, antiseptic, antidepressant, antioxidant, circulatory tonic, relaxant | FOR SKIN: brings blood to the skin giving a nice glow, antiseptic which helps skin resist infections | FOR HAIR: stimulates growth, activates circulation
- Cedarwood essential oil (Texas) – used for addressing fatigue, depression, stress and overwork, irritability, bacterial infections
- Patchouli essential oil – used for addressing anxiety, fatigue, depression, irritability, bacterial and fungal infections, dandruff
Gladstar, Rosemary. Rosemary Gladstar’s Medicinal Herbs: A Beginner’s Guide. North Adams, MA: Storey Pub., 2012. Print.
Keville, Kathi, and Mindy Green. Aromatherapy: A Complete Guide to the Healing Art. N.p.: n.p., n.d. Print.
Moore, Michael. Medicinal Plants of the Pacific West. Santa Fe: Museum of New Mexico, 2011. Print.
Zak, Victoria. 20,000 Secrets of Tea: The Most Effective Ways to Benefit from Nature’s Healing Herbs. New York, NY: Dell, 1999. Print.
Disclaimer: This information is for research and educational purposes only and has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Do your research!